Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The sport premium grant is funding which schools receive to help create a legacy linked to the Olympic Games. Its aim is to improve the quality of sporting opportunities in schools.
information on funding can be found on the pages below.
In the past, Monkton Junior School has used the premium in a variety of ways including:
* The development of successful sports coaching programmes leading to a strong 'team' ethos across our school. This can be seen in the success and development of our school football team. We play and host a range of matches.
* Supplementing after school provision - particularly in dance classes.
* Increasing swimming opportunities across school with the aim that all pupils are able to swim 25m by the end of KS2.
* The introduction of sports weeks where pupils are introduced to new, more challenging sporting activities. In the 2016 Olympic year, pupils were taught, played and coached ecah other in the specifics of paralympic sports.
* Bringing in trained coaches to work with staff and pupils. For example, Newcastle Falcons and Newcastle Eagles.
Watch this space for details on how we intend to spend the premium over the course of the 2017-2018 academic year.